Tuesday, January 6, 2009

About Friggin' Time!

A friend of mine posted this video on her blog the other day, and it totally cracked me up. I mean, I sooooooooo sympathize with the poor guy, especially as I grow closer to “graduating” from my Singles Ward. If you don’t know what “graduating” from a Singles Ward is, I congratulate you, because this means that you managed to find your eternal companion and escape to happy marriage-dom before being deemed too old to interact with other single people, and then banished to a family ward – forgotten forever, left to wade in an endless sea of Cheerios and to endure looks of pity from happy married couples everywhere. In other words, turning 31. But I digress…..

Anyway, I thought that this video was totally clever, and so of course, being a girl of the single and Mormon persuasion, I had to share it.

By the way, if you are not Mormon, or have never been a member of a Singles Ward before, you probably won’t get it.

All I have to say is, "Amen!"

7 comments:

Blythe said...

I just wrote a very cynical comment that began with "Marriage Shmarriage," which should probably give you a good indication of what followed. And then I decided that perhaps I should try not to be so jaded and pessimistic...and I erased my comment.

But...marriage shmarriage!

Jessica said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the best thing I've seen in a long time. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Emily said...

that's awesome!! i love it! but just think we'll be in the same ward :)

Sam and James said...

I'm with Blythe on this one!

Unknown said...

Yeah... so enjoy your single days! I look wistfully at those who can open their purse and not find Cheerios or Happy Meal toys. Or those who can keep a tube of chapstick intact. Or those who can go out without having to call a sitter. Single in a family ward or married--Cheerios are an inevitable part of life. Or you could move to Boston and continue to attend the singles ward, which goes up to 40 here.

kim said...

oh my gosh!! hilarious, cannot stop laughing at this one. thx for sharing, think i'm going to pass this along too!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

HA! Thanks for cracking me up Court.