Saturday, January 17, 2009

Go Ahead, Be Jealous

Today’s date is January 17th, 2009. We are still in the season of Winter. And yet, it is 80 degrees outside…..and has been all week long!! While most of the rest of the country is freezing their buns off in sub-zero temperatures, So Cal is having a virtual heat wave. I mean, people are actually sunbathing at the beach!!

lifeguard-station[1]
I know some people hate this strange weather pattern – that they really want a defined change of seasons, with a noticeable temperature change as well. However, I say forget that!! I absolutely love this weather, and would take it 365 days a year if I could get it!!

And that is EXACTLY why I will never leave southern California.

(Oh no, now I’ve gone and jinxed myself. You watch, now I’ll end up marrying somebody who gets some amazing job offer in Alaska or Wisconsin or Antarctica or something. Crap.)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I am putting in a request that you marry someone from the great northwest, so you can be neighbors with Emalei, Jamie and me. :)

Sam and James said...

Come and live in Brisbane and then you can have all the sunshine you want!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

oooooo I second you moving up to the northwest! You are right...careful what you wish for. I thought that when I left Idaho that I would never have to come back...sure we live on the washington side of the border...but I know John has his eye on moving back.