Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wedding Bells are Ringing.....

So, my beautiful roommate, Ms. Jamie Lynn Pope, is engaged. Dammit.



Er, I mean….congratulations!! Seriously, though, I am truly happy for her. After all, that is why we are here, right? To find our adorable hubbies, to make even more adorable babies, and become the “forever families” that we sing about in church. I just always thought that this is something that Jamie and I would do together – you know, we would meet our future husbands at the same time, get engaged at the same time, and then, of course, get married on the same day in the same temple. I mean, is that too much to ask? Apparently so, because as of November 1st, Jamie will no longer be checking the “single” box on her tax return.

Mr. Jeff Tingey not only captured Jamie’s heart, but he also managed to convince her to move to Portland after they’re married. Oregon! Really? That’s, like, two whole states away. How in the world are we supposed to watch “Gossip Girl” together with that type of distance between us? If it weren’t for the fact that they are so well suited for one another (they are both very tall and both have a strange obsession for all things Excel), I might have put up more of a fight.




Jamie and I have lived together for a little over 5 years now, and I feel like I am losing not only a great roommate, but a truly wonderful friend as well. However, I know that she and Jeff are going to be so happy together, and I wish her nothing but luck as she embarks on this next great life adventure. Really. Dammit.


13 comments:

Blythe said...

What's so great about getting married anyway? Did you remind Jamie that by moving to Oregon she may NEVER get another Sprinkles cupcake again? Ooh...I'd like a Sprinkles cupcake right about now.

Jessica said...

I am soooooo glad you are blogging and I am already loving your posts!! You are hilarious!!

And tell Blythe she speaks in lies!!! At this very moment I have Sprinkles cupcake and frosting mix in my pantry, ready to whip up anytime we happen to also have an extra pound of confectioner's sugar lying around. See? Sprinkles are in Oregon too. :)

Blythe said...

Sprinkles cupcakes aren't the same when you make them yourself! Trust me, I know from experience. However...my baking skills leave much to be desired...so Sprinkles in Oregon might be better than Sprinkles in Utah.

Jessica said...

Dang it! I was hoping they'd be great! My baking skills leave much to be desired too, so Sprinkles in Oregon are probably no better than Sprinkles in Utah. :(

kim said...

yeah!! welcome to the lovely little world of blogs. love what you've done w/yours :) and amen on the ode to jamie! even though i'm so happy for her and jeff and the adorable couple they are, totally not fair that he's taking her from us!

Emily said...

yay! i found your blog! and yay for Jamie... closer to me :)

Sam and James said...

Hey Court love your blog. I sent you an invitation to our blog, just wondering if you got it? Also let Taryn know that you are blogging, she can send you her details. They have a 4d scan of the new baby, it's really cool. Miss you heaps, Sam

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Oh, congratulations to Jamie! I'm so happy for her! Courtney, who is your new roomate??? I wish we could have been roomies! How fun...oh, I miss L.A. sometimes!

A said...

Hey there, I had no idea you had a blog! Sorry to hear about your roomate. How selfish is she!? Anyway, yes we will also be embarking on the Thanksgiving in CA adventure. It would be great to get to see you guys. Well, I'm glad your not so long lost anymore.

Holly said...

Hey Courtney...It's Holly. I am so glad that you started a blog! How fun! Where are you living?
So sorry that your roommate is beginning a new adventure:o) I'm sure you'll get over it soon enough!!!
I'll check back often.

Kaylene Jackson said...

All I have to say is you are so funny! I miss you a ton!

Jessica said...

I miss you! I need another good blog post!!!

PDXTingeys said...

I'm such a nerd, I'm finally getting into this blogging thing. Thanks so much for the post, you are so sweet. You are such a great friend, not to mention a wonderful roommate. I can't believe it was 5 years, it was such a blast. I miss you!