Monday, April 11, 2011

We Have a Situation

I have a confession to make.

Somehow (I'm still not sure exactly how), I have become a fan of  Jersey Shore.

I don't know how this happened!! I have always been one of the biggest critics of that show, believing that only an imbecile would enjoy watching those Italian hooligans. In fact, it was always my belief that Jersey Shore would be the reason given when God explained why he wiped out the human race.

But then I was in a group situation, where I was basically forced to watch an episode from this season. And it was funny.

So I watched another episode. That was even funnier.

And before I knew it, I was setting my DVR to record MTV every Thursday night at 10:00, and I couldn't WAIT to see what those dumb guidos and guidettes were up to next!!

My mother would surely shake her head in disappointment…..

I realize that my IQ probably drops a few points every time I watch an episode. In fact, I can feel myself getting dumber by the minute. But it's like a car wreck – AND I CAN'T LOOK AWAY!!!!

I did gain some new vocabulary words/phrases from the show, though: Grenade, GTL, Juicehead Gorilla, T-shirt Time, Smush, Lean Cuisine...... See, I got a little smarter!! Ish. Okay, no. Not really.

But we all need guilty pleasures, right?

Somebody emailed me this picture the other day:

tumblr_lhhx9wFvYk1qzpgm9o1_500[1]

Could not be truer.

No comments: