Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Truly Religious Experience

Okay, so you remember that movie "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," where four best friends of varying shapes and sizes somehow miraculously fit into the same pair of jeans? Well, I recently had somewhat of a similar experience to this in my own life......

A few months ago, Blythe, my friend Sara, and I decided to go shopping at the Camarillo Outlet Mall. Which, by the way, if you have never been to before, I highly recommend. It is freaking HUGE!! I mean, MASSIVE. We shopped for nearly 5 hours, and only covered a third of the shops! Sigh......... So many stores, so little time. :o)

But back to the point of my story. We happened upon the Off 5th store, which is the outlet center for Saks 5th Avenue. Ordinarily I would consider a store like this to be a little too "shi shi foo foo" for my taste. But I was in desperate need of new jeans, and well, they had quite a selection. On SALE.

We each grabbed about 20 pairs of different brands and styles of jeans and headed to the dressing room. And, in typical girlie fashion, proceeded to model each and every thing we tried on for each other. As we surveyed the tornado of clothes strewn about the dressing room floor, and sorted through the few items that we actually liked, we noticed something. In each of our "buy" piles, we had somehow all managed to choose the same pair of True Religion jeans. While this might not seem like an event of any consequence, let me assure you that it is. And I'll tell you why.

The three of us have completely different body types. I am tall and hippy. Blythe is medium-height and straight-bodied. And Sara is a shorty with curves. Logically speaking, there is no WAY that one single style of jeans should look good on all three of us. And yet......we all looked spectacular in these jeans.

Magical? I think so!!

And, not only are they totally adorable, but they are probably the most comfortable pair of jeans that I've ever owned – which is odd for designer clothing. Plus, they make one's booty look absolutely fabulous!

Exhibit A:

I am officially in love.

Now the only question is whether or not I should go buy another pair just so I have a spare. Hmmmmm…..that might be a bit extreme. Hmmmmmmmm…….. Or is it?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Buy another pair for sure!!! Makes me want some of those jeans!!! :)

Karina & John Calderwood said...

What type of True Religion???? MUST HAVE THEM NOW!!!! Your booties look awesome btw.

Chris and Hilary said...

I say, GO FOR THE SECOND PAIR!! There is nothing worse, really, nothing, than losing your favorite pair of jeans for one reason or another! (same goes for favorite hoodie)

Sam and James said...

shake it baby, shake it!