Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Purrrrr-ty

So, I have a confession.

Thanks to my cheeky Australian mother, who is obsessed with all things BBC, I am now a huge fan of “The Graham Norton Show,” a late night comedy talk show which airs mainly in the UK.

The host, Graham Norton, has to be one of the most ridiculous people I’ve ever come across. He says and does some of the most cheeky and asinine things to his guests (and the audience, for that matter), and pulls stunts/plays games that can only be described as insane. He has a particular fascination with bashing Amy Winehouse, and his comments about her bring me much enjoyment. If you get BBC in your cable package, and enjoy cheeky, slightly off-color humor, I highly recommend watching this show. It will change your life.

Anyway, the other day Graham was showing the audience pictures from a book he’d found called “Why Paint Cats.” Apparently, this comedy book, written by New Zealand author Burton Silver, describes the practice of “cat painting.” Now, when I say “cat painting,” I don’t mean painting pictures of cats, but rather, painting on cats. I just about died with laughter as he showed some of the pictures. Literally, I almost did.

Okay, in all fairness, some of these paint jobs are actually quite beautiful. And, they must have taken the artists hours upon hours to complete.

But, I mean, REALLY!! Who does this?

I just had to share. Here are a few of my favorites:

painted_cat_lipstick_1[1]

Bone%20Voyage[1]

painted_cats2[1]

1192[1]

painted_cat_smiley_face[1]

And my all time favorite……

6a00d83451e89669e200e54f08fe328833-800wi[1]

Side note: So, after I started writing this post, I found a couple of websites that claimed that these pictures were not real, and that the “paint” on the cats was actually added digitally. The author, however, refuses to confirm or deny this claim.

Personally, I choose to believe that the cats were really painted. It’s just more fun that way.

5 comments:

Blythe said...

I laughed so hard at this part that I could hardly breathe! Seriously, Graham is just so unbelievably hilarious.

And I definitely agree that it's real paint. Even if it isn't, why do some people have to spoil all the fun? Killjoys.

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Since the only English channels we get here are BBC and CNN international, I'll have to check out Graham Norton one of these days...

And those cats-freaky. I hope I don't have nightmares about them tonight! :)

We'll be back in the US July 1. I hope I get to see you soon! I MISS YOU!

Emily said...

sexy cat! oh my i about died when i saw that - Graham is hysterical and i love him. i can't get enough of him. he's just the right mix of wrong and funny...

Sam and James said...

There is nothing wrong with your mum being a crazy Australian.Most of my friends fit that description,although I'd be a little worried if she was from NZ... you'd never live it down!
I loved the painted cats, adds a little colour to a dull life.

Emily said...

This was from last year another cat funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCUu1nyE398